Among all the glands in the human body the thyroid gland is one of the most important. Located in the front of the neck, it works to maintain the metabolic processes through the production of thyroid hormones like triiodothyronine (T3) and tetraiodothyronine or thyroxine (T4).Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormones thereby causing imbalance in the metabolism. If you are looking for effective treatment for hypothyroidism in Panama City, Fl.
then you will have to look beyond the traditional medical practices. It is serious condition which needs to be treated and healed from the base instead of just treating the symptoms.At Bay Clinic of Chiropractic, we do exactly that.
Hypothyroidism is a common endocrine disorder and can occur due to lack of enough thyroid hormones, due to health conditions which cause this lack or increasing age. Research states that almost 10 million people in the US suffer from this disease. Autoimmune thyroid disease or Hashimoto Thyroiditis is known to be the most common cause for hypothyroidism in the US.
It not only leads to slow metabolism but also adversely affects growth and development and other myriad cellular processes thereby creating widespread havoc throughout the system. Persistent hypothyroidism leads to risks of heart disease and infertility. Hypothyroidism treatment takes into consideration all these risks and parameters to offer holistic treatment options.
What causes Hypothyroidism?
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis or autoimmune thyroiditis: Here the immune system attacks its own thyroid glands which lead to thyroid enlargement and progressive thyroid damage and destruction. The inflammation in the glands makes them unable to produce sufficient hormones
- Lymphocytic thyroiditis or subacute painless thyroiditis occurs after hyperthyroidism. It also occurs after pregnancy or a viral disease.
- Sheehan syndrome, a condition where the pituitary gland is destroyed due to heavy bleeding during childbirth
- Thyroid destruction medications, radiation therapy or surgery
- Pituitary or hypothalamic disease
- Congenital defects
When you go in for hypothyroidism treatment, you will be asked which are the symptoms you most experience. You can create your own checklist from the ones given below.
Early stage symptoms:
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Heavier menstrual periods
- Joint pain
- Muscle aching and cramps
- Vague aches and pains
- Paling of skin
- Thin, brittle hair or fingernails
- Constant weakness
- Excessive weight gain
- Excessive sleepiness
- Advanced stage symptoms
- Lessening of taste and smell
- Poor appetite
- Hoarseness in voice
- Goiter (enlarged thyroid gland)
- Puffy face, hands, and feet
- Swelling of the legs, eyes and face
- Slow speech
- Enlarged tongue
- Thickening of the skin or skin going dry and rough
- Thinning of eyebrows
- Coarse hair and hair loss
- Memory loss
- Slowed thinking, decreased concentrationand mental activity
- Increased blood cholesterol levels
Advanced treatment for hypothyroidism in Panama City, Fl.
Hypothyroidism treatment begins with the essential lab work to see what has gone wrong with the thyroid.There are 8 primary patterns that the thyroid can go wrong and it’s up to the clinician to figure what is causing the thyroid problem. as mentioned earlier if it is an immune thyroid disorder then Hashimoto's thyroiditismaybe the probable diagnosis. The protocol is different for a patient who doesn't have an autoimmune disorder. Lab tests focus on multiple areas like the adrenal glands, the liver, the digestive system as well as the reproductive system to identify the imbalances.
Once the pattern is identified then the proper protocol inhypothyroidism treatment in Panama City, Fl.is set in place. Clinical nutrition and functional medicine are blended with periodic lab tests to monitor patient progress and improvement.Written by: +Tony Salamay