If you are looking for hip pain treatment then you must be feeling the same debilitating pain that millions of other Americans are going through right now. Yes, you are not alone and the staggering and ever increasing statistics provethat more than the traditional treatment options are needed to contain and relieve this type of pain.
Inflammation around the area leads to tenderness and warmth, redness as well as swelling. Doctors probe into
the precise locations to uncover the true cause of the pain. Problem can be in the hip joint, or in the ligaments, muscles, tendons or the soft tissues surrounding the hip. Referred pain can also occur due to problems in the lower back, knees or due to other debilitating illnesses.
The hip joint is one of the most important joints in the body as it attaches the torso to the legs. It is a ball and socket joint which is designed to be hardy and withstand a lot of wear and tear and allow fluidity of movement. Understandably pain and immobility in this area can restrict movement and cause major disruption in normal routine. Advanced chiropractic treatment for hip pain is focused at restoring this normalcy so doctors go deep into the causes of hip pain to treat the cases instead of merely giving medication for the pain.
When the hip is in use, a cushion of cartilage prevents friction of bone in the socket. Over time however, this cartilage can give in to tear and damage. The surrounding muscles and tissues can wear down or the hip can be fractured due to sudden impact or accident.
As mentioned earlier, holistic hip pain treatment focuses very deeply into the probable causes. Some of them could be:
- Arthritis which leads to inflammation of the hip joint and cartilage damage. The types of arthritisthat can cause this condition include juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis and septic arthritis
- Injuries like dislocation, fracture, hip labral tear, sprains and strains, inguinal hernia, pelvis fracture and tendinitis
- Increasing age making the bones brittle and weak
- Pinched nerves conditions like herniated disk, meralgia paresthetica, sacroiliitis, sciatica, spinal stenosis
- Serious conditions like tumors and advanced cancer that spreads to the bones, bone cancer and leukemia
- Avascular necrosis which is decreased blood flow to the hip bone
- Other problems like Legg-Calve-Perthes disease, Osteomalacia, Paget's disease of bone, Osteomyelitis, Synovitis or Rickets.
Advanced chiropractic treatment for hip pain
After a series of lab tests have been conducted and the cause of hip pain more or less determined, doctors apply spinal adjustments (also called chiropractic adjustments) to fix the imbalances in the nervous system and spine. Lifestyle and ergonomic changes are then introduced to correct posture problems.
Clinical nutrition also plays a big role here. Focused and balanced diet restores all the missing nutrients to boost up immunity and correct the hormonal imbalances that cause the system to behave erratically.Written by: +Tony Salamay