Advanced asthma treatment in Panama City, Fl. breaks through the barriers of traditional science to look beyond treating the symptoms and offer a healthy normal living. Characterized by severe breathing problems asthma affects over 35 million Americans, almost 8 million of these are children. Patients suffer from tightness in the chest, wheezing and coughing, breathlessness all effects of your lungs being severely affected by asthma. These symptoms are constant or recurring but can be debilitating when lungs are bothered and asthma attacks are strong.
This chronic lung disease inflames and narrows the airways. Shortness of breath is followed by coughing especially at night or early mornings. The airways become sensitive and swollen and react strongly to any kind of inhalation. The cells in the airways make more mucus than normal which further restrict breathing.
There is an alarming rise of asthma in children but it also affects the adult population. Before we do into what is the treatment for asthma and how it is different from the regular treatment methods, let’s take look at the probable causes.
- Inherited asthma traits
- Viral or respiratory infections during childhood when immune system is developing
- Undue stress or abnormally strong emotional reactions
- Overdose of physical activity or exercise-induced asthma
- Respiratory infections like common cold
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Certain medications like NSAIDs and beta blockers
- Result of allergies from –
- Air pollutants and smoke
- Pet hair
- Changes in weather and cold air
- Chemicals in the air or in preservatives food
- Hay fever
- Allergic reactions to foods like peanuts or shellfish
Regular asthma treatment focuses on treating and controlling the symptoms. Patients are often told that the condition is not curable and treating the symptoms is the only way to help you live normally. But with advanced chiropractic and functional neurology the focus is on treating it from within and curing it. This is not a stop gap treatment till the next attack but an endeavor to help you function like any other normal person without constant fear of relapse.
Functional asthma treatment involves differentiating severe symptoms from less chronic ones so that treatment can be more focused.
Usual symptoms include:
- Cough with or without phlegm
- Chest tightness or pain
- Shortness of breath that gets worse with exercise or activity
- intercostal retractions
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- Wheezing characterized by a whistling soundwhich can be episodic, worse during the night, or in cold air, and can get worse with physical activity.
- Coughing worsened by a respiratory virus like cold or flu
Chronic symptoms include:
- Severe shortness of breath
- Chest pain and tightness in the chest
- Extreme difficulty in breathing and abnormal breathing pattern
- Drowsiness and confusion
- Anxiety and profuse sweating
- Abnormal pulse rate
- Lips and face turning blue
- Breathing temporarily stops
What is the treatment for asthma in Panama City, Fl.? Also read other blogs by Dr. Salamay on more info on topics of back pain,neck pain, chronic illness, nutrition, and other conditions.Written by: +Tony Salamay