Have you been feeling consistent pain or discomfort in your wrist? If you are then don’t suffer in silence because it may get worse with time. Instead of traditional remedies opt for functional chiropractic treatment for wrist pain so that the pain is treated from its roots and you get long term pain relief. Wrist pain can be caused by a sudden injury or stress, or due to degenerative body conditions like arthritis. One of the major causes of wrist pain is a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome.
Diagnosing the cause is important because by lessening these effects can one expect the wrist pain to subside.
Pain in the wrist can be seriously debilitating as this joint is used for a huge number of day to day functions that we take for granted. Think about it. With excruciating pain in the wrist you will have problems eating and drinking since the simple of act of picking up a glass or fork may cause extreme pain and fatigue. Writing, typing, carrying stuff around or even cooking may be difficult while this pain persists. Simple pain medications will only provide temporary relief. What you need is holistic wrist pain treatment to heal better and prevent the pain from recurring. And this holistic care can only come from advanced chiropractic care and functional neurology. But before we go into those details let’s take a look at the common causes of the pain.
Wrist pain: Causes
- As mentioned earlier wrist pain can be a result of various injuries like sudden impact due to a fall which leads to strains, sprains as well as fractures.
- Repetitive stress leads to inflammation of the tissues around joints or cause stress fractures. This could be extreme pressure from sports participation or even ordinary repetitive actions like knitting and cutting hair
- Degenerative conditions like arthritis often lead to wrist pain. The two most common types to affect this joint are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is a very common cause where the increased pressure on the median nerve leads to severe wrist pain.
- Ganglion cysts and Kienbock's disease are the other conditions that may lead to this pain.
- Debilitating body conditions like diabetes, scleroderma,leukemia,underactive thyroid gland or lupus can also lead to debilitating wrist pain.
Effective functional treatment for wrist pain in Panama City, Fl.
The first step in the treatment is to pinpoint the exact cause of the pain, advanced diagnostic tests are conducted to determine this. The exact cause for each patient may vary so is important to provide specific patient care. If the pain originates from injuries or illnesses it would need different handling in each case to match with the appropriate treatment.
Advanced wrist pain treatment conducts spinal adjustments to address and relieve the pain. Chiropractic therapy believes that the spine and the central nervous system form the basis of any pain treatment. Addressing trigger points in these would go a long way in controlling and managing pains like wrist pain because the inter-connected nerves are realigned. It also focuses on lifestyle adjustments so that both diet and posture can be corrected and managed henceforth.
Written by: +Tony Salamay