Proper shoulder pain treatment
Shoulder pain relates to all kinds of pain in and around the shoulder. They may result from ordinary contusions or strains or from more serious cases like heart attacks, major impact and trauma. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint responsible for a wide range of movements making it easily susceptible to injury and damage.The pain may be in the joint or originate from one of the many surrounding muscles, tendons and ligaments.Treatment for Shoulder pain
therefore takes into account the myriad network of nerves in the area and focuses on realigning them to normalcy.
Abnormal conditions involving the spinal cord and the essential organs can cause shoulder pain. The focus of shoulder pain treatment is to pinpoint the exact cause, fix these abnormalities and restore normal bodily functions. A look at some of the probable causes of shoulder pain:
- Degenerative arthritis of the spinecan pinch nerves that can cause shoulder pain.
- Spinal cord injury
- Dislocation, Fractured collarbone or broken shoulder blades
- Bursitis or swollen and stiff bursa (sac to cushion the joints and muscles) leading to severe pain
- Rotator cuff injuries leading to pain and difficulty in moving the shoulder
- Shoulder or A-C separation which means the ligaments linking the collarbone and the shoulder are stretched and torn. This can lead to severe shoulder pain.
- Whiplash injury due to an accident can cause muscle spasms and pain in neck and shoulders.
- Tendonitis from overuse
- Referred pain from heart attacks, cancer, gallbladder disease, inflammation under the diaphragm
- Strains from overexertion
- Joint instability in the shoulders
- Frozen shoulder
- Pinched nerves or cervical radiculopathy
- Abnormalities like Ankylosing spondylitis, Multiple sclerosis, Avascular necrosis, Dermatomyositis or Brachial plexus injury
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Degenerative conditions like Osteoarthritis, Septic arthritis, Polymyalgia rheumatic or Rheumatoid arthritis
Traditional treatment for shoulder paininvolves anti-inflammatory medication, painkillers, muscle relaxants, anti-depressants as well as local application of moist heat. In severe cases surgery is advised. You will note here that all these methods are applied to treat the symptoms of shoulder pain and not focus on eliminating the cause of the pain. This means that once you stop taking the medication there arehigh chances of the pain recurring. Not to mention what kind of side-effects you land up with ingesting such powerful meds over a period of time.
Proper shoulder pain treatment in Panama City, Fl.
Advanced chiropractic shoulder pain treatment on the other hand goes deep and tries to uncover the causes. This therapy is based on the belief that if you can treat the cause you have better chance of healing. Let’s take a look at how they approach this problem.
As a first step chiropractors subject the patient to a series of advanced physical examinations to determine the origin or cause of the pain. In some case, these tests can also reveal a serious health condition which gets detected in time and thus gets proper and timely treatment.
Treatment is focused at improving flexibility and joint mobility, strength and balance of the shoulder. Functional neurology is also applied here to correct the abnormalities of the nervous system, rehabilitate the injured tendons and improve the overall biomechanics of the shoulder.Written by: +Tony Salamay