Most of us have experienced muscle spasms or muscle cramps one time or the other. It is quite common and usually we stretch the muscles to ease out the cramp and wait for some time for the pain to drain away. It occurs once in a while for most of us but if you have been experiencing muscle spasms too frequently you need to consult a doctor without delay. If you are looking for muscle spasms treatment in Panama City, Fl. then you are in luck. For here you will get treatment options which go beyond the traditional pain meds.
Muscle spasms are involuntary and painful contractions of the muscles which make the muscles in the area hard and bulging. The areas or muscles most prone to cramps and spasms are back of the calf or lower leg, front and back of the thigh. Spasms may also occur in the arms, hands and feet, abdomen and rib cage but in lesser frequency. Before we delve into the different methods of treatment , let’s take a look at what causes muscle spasms.
Muscle spasms: Causes
- Poor blood circulation in the lower limbs
- Overuse or exertion of the calf muscles while exercising or due to repetitive motion
- Over stretching or holding the muscle in one position for too long
- Starting exercises without enough pre-stretching
- Muscle fatigue
- Dehydration due to insufficient fluid intake
- Magnesium, potassium and calcium deficiency
- Pinched nerve in the neck or back
- Neuromuscular disorders like multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injuries may lead to malfunctioning nerves and hence to spasms
- Conditions like muscular dystrophy, myositis or Parkinson’s disease
- Movement disorders likedystoniaslead to painful contractions
- Side effects of certain drugs
As you can see from above, though muscle spasms are common and can happen to anyone, they are not so simple when it comes to why they occur. This why itstreatment should not be a band-aid medication which will simplesuppress the pain or relax the muscles. It needs to probe deeper, intervene and control the occurrence altogether. Else it will be a recurring condition with increasing pain. And this is exactly what you get with functional treatment for muscle spasms.
Before you meet your doctor evaluate your symptoms well. Check with the symptoms outlined below and list all your symptoms so that your doctor can help you heal better and faster.
- Problems in walking or clumsiness of gait
- Rigidity and weakness of muscles in the cramped area
- Dull ache or pain in the area
- Numbness and swelling in the area where the spasms repeatedly occur
- Tingling or burning sensations in the area
- Swelling and sometime bruising at the site of cramp
Path-breaking Treatment for Muscle Spasms in Panama City, Fl.
Advanced muscle spasms treatment involves a multifaceted approach to solving the problem. Through a series of lab tests and patient interviews the doctors determine what could be the probable causes that lead to the frequency of the spasms and the associated pain. First functional neurology steps in to correct the imbalances and connectivity between the Central Nervous System and the body. This is the key to easing out nerve contractions and the pain in the muscles.
Next phase is clinical nutrition. In this phase the patient is taken through a progressive diet which incorporates all the essential minerals and nutrients which are needed to smoothen out the muscles as well as aid in better hormonalfunctions.Written by: +Tony Salamay