Knee pain is a common complaint for all ages. While in the young it may be a result of some injury like torn ligaments or ruptured cartilage, in the older population knee pain can be caused by injury, infections as well as various debilitating illnesses like gout and arthritis. Increasing age causes wear and tear of the joints and cartilage in the largest joint in the body, leading to excruciating knee pain. Traditional treatment for knee painincluded pain medications, physical therapy, knee braces with option of surgery in serious cases.
These are more focused at relieving the symptoms rather than addressing the key reason of the pain.
Knee pain can develop suddenly if an accident or injury occur or can develop over a period of time. In either case it can severely restrict movement and prevent one from carrying on with everyday functions like walking, rising from a sitting position, dancing or playing sports. The focus of holistic treatment is to restore normal functions and enable routine performance. Proper healing and pain relief can be brought about by advanced chiropractic knee pain treatment which goes deep into the system to determine the causes and treats them instead of the symptoms.
Knee injury can be caused by a multitude of reasons. It can be
Injury based –
- Sprains and strains in ligaments and tendons
- Torn meniscus or tear in the cushions of the knee joint
- Tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) or ligament tears
- Fracture and dislocation
- Knee bursitis
- Patellar tendinitis or tendinosis
- Plica, patellofemoral pain or iliotibial band syndromes
Arthritis based –
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Septic arthritis
Body mechanics based –
- Hip or foot pain leading to poor posture
- Dislocation of the kneecap
- Knee locking from cartilage tear
- Loose bone from injury or degeneration
Since the causes can differ from person to person the symptoms may also vary. Pinpointing the exact symptoms can help your chiropractor plan your treatment better. So before you go in for knee pain treatment ,check and match your symptoms from the list below. In most cases patients feel:
- Redness in the area
- Warmth and tenderness in the knee
- Popping or crunching noises when the knee is moved
- Unstable gait
- Knee lock where it can’t be straightened
In severe cases patients would:
- Have severe and marked swelling
- Find signs of knee deformity
- Pain and redness lead to intermittent fevers
- Be unable to bear any kind of weight
- Be unable to flex or move the knee
- Have the knee give out leading to falls
Effective Treatment for Knee pain in Panama City, Fl.
Treatment is preceded by a thorough analysis of medical history and a series of lab tests which include neurological and orthopedic testing as well as diagnostic radiography to determine the true cause of the pain. Once this cause is successfully determined a treatment plan in designed. Functional knee pain treatment is more effective because you will receive a one-to-one plan which will be customized to your specific situation and not be a generalized treatment procedure.
The treatment is done in phases. First it focuses on reducing the pain and inflammation, and then it tries to normalize the joint functions. When the patient is feeling more recovered a through wellness and rehabilitation program is conducted through exercise and clinical nutrition.Written by: +Tony Salamay